Search this blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cheesy Pepper Chicken Potato Pancakes


I love finding new ways to use up my leftovers.  A few weeks ago we had gone to an event and I had a ton of fried chicken and ranch mashed potatoes left.  The kids hit up the chicken the next day, leaving me with only two smaller pieces.  I was disappointed to find that I still had a huge dish of the mashed potatoes left though.  So this recipe is what I came up with to use up my leftover Potatoes.  I have to say, I was not expecting my kids to like this one, but they surprised me by telling me that they loved it!

Cheesy Pepper Chicken Potato Pancakes
leftover mashed potatoes (about 3 cups)
1/4 of a large green pepper finely chopped
1/4 of large yellow onion finely chopped
2 pieces fried chicken chopped
1 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend
salt and pepper
1 large egg
Mix all ingredients in large bowl.  Shape 1 inch balls and flatten into pancakes.  Place in a lightly greased pan.  Cook about 3-4 minutes over mid-high heat or until golden brown.  Flip and do the same on the other side. 

Topping ideas: Cajun seasoning, sour cream, ranch dressing.

A few pointers while making these:
1) Depending on how soft your potatoes are, you may need to add some flour or Bisquick to hold dough together. 
2)  Be sure to keep the pancakes small and thin. 
3)  Be sure that you brown them well.  I didn't brown my first few enough and they were a soggy mess.

Let me know what you think!

On a side note, I saw this at Top This Top That

I just had to try making it myself.  Mine didn't turn out quiet as fluffy, but I still love it!



 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers