Search this blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

DIY Peanut Butter Magic Shell



I just got back from an awesome trip to Williamsburg with my family.  Traveling and blogging didn't mix well for me, so sorry about the absence this past weekend.  I can't wait to share with you about our trip.  I will be doing that later this week.  Be sure to come back for some great tips on Williamsburg.  Now, onto today's post!
As a little girl, I loved to go to Tastee Freez with my family and get a chocolate or cherry dipped ice cream cone.  The hard candy shell covering my soft serve vanilla ice cream was just divine.  I have never seen a cherry magic shell sold in stores, but I have found Chocolate, and Peanut Butter.  I just love the taste of the peanut butter magic shell.
Since I don't usually keep those toppings in the house I often have to get creative.  One night I really wanted peanut butter with my ice cream, but didn't want a big glop of it, so I melted a little down and drizzled it over my ice cream.  Much to my amazement, it hardened just like the magic shell and tasted great! 

I was so excited over this discovery!  So this is more a tip/trick rather than an actual recipe, but it delicious.  :)

DIY Peanut Butter Magic Shell 
1 TBSP creamy peanut butter
Place in a microwave safe dish and heat in 30 second intervals until completely melted.  Stir and drizzle over ice cream.  Grab a spoon and go to town!  This will make enough for two dishes of ice cream maybe more depending on how thick you like it.  I like it nice and thick!

***Tip - To make Chocolate Magic Shell follow directions above but use 1 cup chocolate chips mixed with 1 tsp of vegetable oil in place of peanut butter.   



If you haven't already, I would love it if you would follow me!


 photo RSS-icon_zps89b62fa2.png  photo Pinterest-icon_zpsbec96c35.png  photo Facebook-icon_zps54787f04.png  photo Twitter-icon_zps6087bd91.png


Sharing at   My Fashion Forward Blog: All Things Pretty 10, DIY Showcase Link Party,


Thursday Favorite Things
 
Pursuit of Functional Home


 

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Oh yum...what a great idea! This looks delicious! This would be perfect to link-up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-4-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you could do Magic Shell yourself. I bet it's so much better for you this way. My kids LOVE it and the peanut butter would be a big hit, I think. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love for you to share this at my link up where we pin all those you join to our party board
    http://myfashionforwardblog.com/2013/05/30/all-things-pretty-10/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful!! Thnak you for linking your post to the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great trick!! I too love the hard shell type of ice cream topping. Thanks for sharing.

    Sande @ My Personal Accent

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gang at My Personal Accent thinks your post about Peanut Butter Shell Topping is fantastic and we would like to invite you to party with us at starting at 5:00 Thursday nights at our new Blog Strut Peacock Style Link Party to share your creative ideas. Come on over!! http://wp.me/p2Vf55-XA

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun!! Does it harden like magic shell? Sounds yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,
      It is not quite as hard as the store bought magic shell gets, but does harden enough that you have to break it with your spoon. It takes it a few minutes to get like that...I usually can't wait that long. ;)

      Delete
  8. Great ice topping. I love the hardened shell of Magic Shell but hate the ingredient list. Creamy peanut butter is healthier and very doable in my house. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicky! I was amazed by the simplicity of it! It taste amazing too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers