Search this blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

Homemade Honey Pecan Butter



Happy Monday!  How many of you are snowed in like us?  My In-Laws are all visiting Florida right now and I can't express how jealous I am that they sneaked out of here just before our latest storm!  ;)  I am not a big fan of the cold, and am so ready for spring to be sprung!

For our Mouthwatering Monday Recipe I am sharing a super simple DIY Honey Pecan Butter.  This is a fabulous substitute for peanut butter in recipes or over ice cream, but I love it slathered on sliced apples best. This has a sweet and salty flavor that just hits the spot.  I did use my new Vitamix (a Christmas gift from my rocking husband) to make this, but you can also make it in a food processor.  


Pour your pecans into the Vitamix or food processor and add your choice of oil, I like using coconut oil.  Turn it on and slowly crank it up to 10.  It is going to sound like the machine is going to blow up, but don't worry.  It won't.  These things are a power house!

I don't have a dry bowl for my Vitamix, so the butter does start to stick to the side of the container.  Just turn it off, push it back down and then start it again.  I did this about every 60 - 90 seconds. You may start to see some steam rising from the bowl as well.  This is normal.  After about 5 minutes, I added salt, honey and cinnamon.  Give it a few more pulses to make sure it is blended well.  If you like your nut butters a little chunky, reserve a 1/2 cup of nuts and add it with these remaining ingredients.


At this point you should have this warm, beautiful, creamy, concoction.  Just scrape it out and place in a clean jar or container.  Store it in the fridge to preserve it longer.  

One final tip...instead of killing yourself to get out the rest of the butter from under the blades, make a smoothie in the dirty bowl.  I like to throw in some frozen bananas, vanilla or chocolate protein powder, and some almond milk.  Mmm Yum!


Print this Recipe

Honey Pecan Butter

1 lb Pecans
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (or oil of your choice)
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Sea Salt
2 Tsp Cinnamon


  1. Place pecans and oil in the Vitamix or food processor.  (Reserve 1/2 cup of pecans if you want to make it chunky)  Turn on machine and slowly turn it up to high.  Allow to mix for several minutes.  You may need to switch off and scrape sides a few times.
  2. After mixture looks about finished, drop in remaining ingredients (including the reserved pecans if making chunky).  Pulse several times to ensure that it is completely mixed.
  3. Scoop into a jar or container allow to cool completely and then store in the refrigerator.
* Note - To make your nut butters more creamy, add a little more oil.  All ingredients can be adjusted to taste.  If you like it sweet add more honey, like it more salty add more salt.  No matter what, enjoy!

post signature





Linking up at Say G'Day Saturday, DIY Sunday Showcase, Manic Monday, Weekend Wind Down, Let's Get Real Friday PartyFoodies & Crafties Soirée Blog Hop, Tutorial Tuesday, Homemade Tuesdays, Take-A-Look Tuesday, Tuesday's Treasures, One Project at a Time, Take it on Tuesday, Be Inspired Link Party, Show Me What You GotTOO Cute TuesdayAnti-Procrastination TuesdayLink Party TuesdayWhatever Goes WednesdayMoonlight & Mason Jars LinkyCreate It ThursdayThursday Favorite ThingKrafty Inspiration Thursday

7 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. And I'm with you - sick of the cold! Thanks for linking up with the Let's Get Real party. Please join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle, I am always happy to join the party! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining us again at the WWDParty! :) As I said on FB, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, I just love when health and delicious collide into one marvelous mouthwatering food! ;)

      Delete
  3. Awesome - this is a great recipe that I might need to duplicate, thanks for sharing at the #WWDParty - see ya at the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antionette, Please do try it and let me know if you do! If you like nut butters, you will love this one! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers