Search this blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Easy Easter Decor

 
 I totally love decorating for spring/Easter.  I believe it is because I love the color and warmth that it brings into my home after the drab, cold winter.  While thinking about how I would decorate this year, I came up with an idea to do a simple centerpiece for my dining room table.  So while at the dollar store the other day, I happened upon these really cute Easter Eggs. 

 
They were exactly what I was looking for.  They are clear, with a textured crystal type cut to them.  I did a happy dance right there in the store!  I quickly snatched up 3 packs of them and grabbed a pack of raffia as well before checking out.
 
 

At home I already had these amazing little lights I had bought from QVC (I have a small obsession with QVC).  They are made by Bethlehem Lights.  I love them because they are battery operated and have a 4 hour timer.  LOVE THEM! 
I just think everything looks so much prettier with lights.  Don't you?

 I dug out this glass hurricane I had picked up from a Willow House party some time ago.  I placed the light down inside and covered the battery box with the raffia.  I threw some of the eggs in and voila!  I actually love the way the raffia looks like a nest under the eggs.

 
 
I still had some eggs left so I pulled out this old compote.  I threw some of the eggs in there to see what that would look like and actually liked it.
 
Here is another idea with a different shape dish.



 I just love the way this looks all lit up!  Truly the picture doesn't do this justice.  It is so pretty!  I keep finding reasons to walk back into the dining room just to peek at it.  :0

I have a few other Easter and spring projects I am working on right now.  Be sure to check back to see them.  Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of these.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by,
post signature
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers