Search this blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Faith Journey #4

 
Welcome back to The Faith Journey. This Sunday series is about my faith walk, and the things the Lord is teaching me as I go.  I hope you will join me on this journey and grow in your faith as well.
 
 
 
     It is painful to watch someone you love suffer while you stand back unable to do anything to help.  It makes you feel small and insignificant.  Harder still is when you saw the storm coming long before it grew dark, and you shouted out warnings, but those it would affect ignored your cries. 

     Is this how the Lord feels watching our many mistakes?  Is this the agony He suffers at our hands?  Doesn’t he give us warning after warning, example after example and yet we keep turning away, thinking we know better.  Our foolishness causes us so much pain.  Our fear keeps us from trusting Him.  It doesn't have to be that way.  He can heal our wounds.  He can sooth our souls.  He is calling to you, are you listening.  Do you hear Him?  I love you my child.  I want you my precious creation.  You have worth.  You have value.  I will show you the way.  Will you follow me?  Will you obey me?  Take my hand I will lead you through this dark valley and bring you to the other side.  I will lift you up and make you whole.  You are mine.  I love you.  I love you.  You are mine.”  It is a soft and gentle whisper echoing through the winds of life.  Do you hear it?  Do you turn to the voice?  Do you take His hand? 

  “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.” Psalm 23:1-3 NASB

But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel,
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you.” Isaiah 43:1-2 NASB

“God did not direct His call to Isaiah— Isaiah overheard God saying, ". . . who will go for us?" The call of God is not just for a select few but for everyone. Whether I hear God’s call or not depends on the condition of my ears, and exactly what I hear depends upon my spiritual attitude.”
Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest: Traditional Updated Edition

     I may be the one who put these words in print tonight, but the Lord wrote them on my heart.  May they bless you as they have blessed me this evening.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers