Search this blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Doctor of Rhyme


In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday on March 2nd, here are some fun ideas I have found.   
 
The picture above is from 2009!  Perry and Buzz look so tiny.  They made their hats using 2 sheets of red construction paper.  They cut strips of white paper and glued them on the red paper.  We actually cut up a cereal box to make the strip for around the head.  This made it a little bit more sturdy.  They then covered that with the white paper as well.  We stapled the top and the cardboard around the head.  These were really easy to make, and the boys wore them for days!  I am pretty sure I got this idea from online somewhere, but can't remember where now.  If you know, please tell me so I can give them credit.
 
We of course made green eggs (just scrambled eggs with green food coloring) and ham (Canadian bacon).  If you are not into eggs, maybe you'll like this simple pizza.


 
Or this super cute Cat in the Hat sandwich and fruit kabob!
 
 
The following sites also have hoards of Seuss themed items to get your creative minds going!

Enjoy your day!

**Update: I added this post to a blog hop for the Virtual Book Club for Kids! Be sure to check out some of these other great posts or join in the fun!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers