Search this blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Liebster Award

 
About a week ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award.  Yup, I had to google it too! The word Liebster is German and means dearest or lovely.  The award is given to newer bloggers with less than 200 followers and provides a nice way for bloggers to meet. While this isn't a real award, it was still nice to be recognized.
 
So if it isn't a real award, what is it?  I suppose you could call the Liebster a bloggers chain letter.  I am not much of a chain letter person, but I didn't want to be a party pooper either, so I am excepting this nomination from Christina at Home With My Tots.  Thank you Christina for the blog love!
 
OK so there are some rules that apply when accepting this award.
 
     Create a post containing the following information:
     *Link back to the blog that nominated you
     *Nominate 5 - 11 new bloggers who have 200 or less followers (This is harder than it sounds!  I am not sure how you are suppose to know how many followers someone has, and also not sure how they are defining "new" bloggers, so I am just picking ones I like that might qualify.)
     *Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
     *Share 11 random facts about yourself
     *Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
     *Contact your nominees and let them know that you have nominated them
 
OK so here we go...

My Nominees


Congratulations!  You are under no obligation to accept, but I hope you do! 

Questions For Me to Answer

1. What is your favorite TV show? I have a few I really like, but right now it is probably So You Think You Can Dance.  I also am in love with Downton Abbey.
2. Have you ever traveled to another country? Yup. Several times.
3. Name something you love about yourself?  Well hard to answer this while being humble, but I guess I would have to say my hair.  I love the color and sheen it has.
4. What is your favorite color?  Blue...no wait...green....uh, nope it's blue
5. Who is your favorite President?  I can honestly say I have never thought about this before!  I do like how humble and honest George Washington was.  Our nation would be very different if he hadn't been so humble.
6. What is your favorite type of food?  If I am being good it is fruit (any kind), if I am being bad it's brownies... we are talking serious weakness
7. Do you believe in ghosts?  No I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in spirits (angels and demons)  This answer will probably surprise my family.
8. If you had only one day left to live and you knew about it what would you do?  Spend it with my family and not let go of my kids.
9. What is your favorite sport?  Swimming
10. Do you fold your pizza in half, keep it flat or eat it with a fork and knife?  I float back and forth between folding and eating it flat. Depends on where we get it.
11. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?  Hmmm I am very grounded and would NEVER do anything crazy.  ;)
 

11 Random Facts About Me

1.  I love QVC, especially at Christmas time.
2.  The house I grew up in was said to be haunted (which is why my answer about ghosts may surprise my family)
3.  I have watched General Hospital since I was 12 years old.
4.  I have pierced ears, but never wear earrings.
5.  I love to travel.  I have been in 9 different countries and can't wait to go to more.
6.  I hate being pregnant...I mean can-not-stand-it...but I looooove babies.
7.  I would like to write children's literature someday
8.  I took 4 years of piano lessons, and don't remember a lick of it
9.  I regret quitting piano (Yes mom and dad, you were right!)
10.  I think I learn as much from homeschooling my children as they do (sometimes even more)
11.  I have been married for almost 13 years, it hasn't always been easy, but I have never regretted it for even a second.
 

Questions For My Nominees

1.  Why do you blog?
2.  In what Country do you live?
3.  What is your favorite book of all time?
4.  Do you have a pet?
5.  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be, and with whom would you go?
6.  If you could pick a different point in history to live when would it be?
7.  Do you scream when you see a spider?
8.  Do you dye your hair?
9.  Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?
10.  What is your favorite board game?
11.  What is your favorite season?

So there you have it.  Be sure to go check out all the other blogs I mentioned.
 
 
If you haven't already, I would love it if you followed me!
 photo RSS-icon_zps89b62fa2.png  photo Pinterest-icon_zpsbec96c35.png  photo Facebook-icon_zps54787f04.png  photo Twitter-icon_zps6087bd91.png

post signature

4 comments:

  1. That was really fun!! You DO have great hair, but really you are beautiful all-around!

    I suspect I won't be getting to this but I'll share that I just dyed my hair. No one (even Derek) has mentioned noticing...which was the goal...even if some gray is still visible.

    I would love to go to see the Sequoias with Derek.

    I'd like to live in the 1800s...later part...or early 1900s.

    Catch Phrase is not a board game, but my favorite. :)

    And...To Kill a Mockingbird.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette! Catch Phrase is my favorite game too! We always play that when we get together with our college friends. BTW I did notice your hair looked a little darker this past weekend. It was very subtle though! :)

      Delete
  2. Meredith, Thanks so much - you are so sweet to nominate my blog!

    I really enjoyed reading, and learning, so much more about you.

    On the random fact about learning as much if not more while homeschooling my children - I agree - completely!

    Can I just say right up front - country mouse all the way - however, the Lord has this country mouse living in suburbia - and I'm being stretched every minute of it...so many lessons to learn, lol.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorie,
      It was my pleasure to nominate you! I truly love reading your blog. :) FYI - I am a country mouse too.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers