Search this blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mother's Day Chocolate Filled Crescents

I wish I could claim this was my original idea, but I am sure I picked up the base for this from one of my many beloved cookbooks.  You know, those ones I said I read, but never cook from.  Anyway this is so simple and only requires two ingredients (three if you want to be fancy and add some powdered sugar.)   My kids ate these this morning like they had never eaten before, so I think it is safe to say they are pretty tasty.  This would make a lovely Mother's Day Breakfast, that the kids (and dad) can make by themselves.  Serve these with some fresh strawberries and mom's favorite tea or coffee for an extra special treat!
Print this recipe

Chocolate Filled Crescent

1 package refrigerator crescent rolls
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
Powdered Sugar (optional)
1.  Heat oven to 375 degrees. 
2.  Open and separate your dough.  In the wide section of each triangle place a handful of chocolate chips (about 10-12).  Begin to roll the dough from the wide end enclosing the chips in the crescent.  Shape the roll in to a half moon (Crescent) shape. 
3.  Place rolls onto a baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
4.  If desired sprinkle warm rolls with some powdered sugar.
Bon Appetit!post signature



6 comments:

  1. Meredith you are a doll for sharing the hop on your page!!!! These look divine. Thank you for sharing at the hop my sweet bloggy friend xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, No problem! I love your hop! ;)

      Delete
  2. Following you from Katherine's Corner, love her blog! =)
    This looks like a fabulous recipe, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,
      Thanks! It is so simple too! Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  3. Now I know what I'm having for breakfast on Sunday....thanks or the idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miriam,

      I hope you enjoy them! They are the perfect thing for Sunday Breakfast or brunch. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers