Search this blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Removing Permanent Marker from A White Board

 
"Mom!  Buzz wrote on your white board with permanent marker!"  Sighing deeply, I slowly walked down the steps wondering what I would find when I got to the kitchen.  As I was walking, I tried to think about how I could remove whatever artwork my second born had done.  Turing into the kitchen I could see Buzz frantically rubbing our calendar trying to remove the ink. 
"I am so sorry mom!  I didn't know it was a permanent marker.  I was just trying to write up some numbers for next month." 
 

 
After examining what he had done, I was pretty sure I could remove the graffiti.  I grabbed one of the dry erase pens from my drawer and handed it to Buzz.
 
 
"Just color over what you did with this.  Completely cover it."  Looking at me like I had lost my mind Buzz said, "OOOKAAAY". 

After he had completed this step I handed him a dry paper towel. 
"Try wiping everything off now."
 

 
As he wiped I could hear him sigh with relief.  This little trick had worked. 

 
After repeating this step, you can't even tell the permanent marker was there.  (We also tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but it just smeared the ink but didn't remove it all.)  Buzz has learned his lesson, and I picked up a new trick! 
 

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Good fix! My kids have done that before too! Except, they thought it was funny AND it was my husband who gave them the permanent markers. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO, Marie! Well hopefully you have a good sense of humor about those types of things. :D

      Delete
  2. Great to know. You can remove permanent marker with hair spray also. I don't know why, but it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I will have to give that one a try (cause I can only assume something like this will happen again). ;)

      Delete
  3. Way to stay calm and what a simple fix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tip! Had no idea how to remove it! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried that too! Works perfectly :) Also, for cleaning a white board instead of using Expo whiteboard cleaner I used Staples 3 oz. Screen Cleaner. Works wonderfully. BTW, I think it works better than Expo because it doesn't leave streaks that's the difference and it dries up immediately too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebekah, Thanks for sharing the tip about the staples screen cleaner! I will have to give that a try. I had never heard that before.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers