Search this blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

Party Perfect Pesto Pasta Salad

Pesto pasta salad with asparagus, mushrooms, peppers, and onion

I usually try to share allergy friendly recipes, but this past weekend we had a birthday party for Bud and I wanted to share this beautiful pasta salad I made for it.  This recipe can easily be adapted to allergy free and is rather versatile.  The fresh veggies mixed with pasta and a yummy pesto sauce make for this most glorious dish.  You can use any vegetables you like, I chose peppers, onion, asparagus, and mushrooms.

There are a few things I think I will tweak the next time I make this.  The first being, I think next time I will lightly saute the veggies.  The other being that next time I will make a creamy pesto sauce to go over it.  I believe this dish would be wonderful served either hot or cold.  I personally liked it both ways!


Pesto Pasta Salad


Ingredients
1 lb. Farfalle Pasta cooked via package directions
1 Small bunch thin asparagus, chopped
1/2 Cup button mushrooms, chopped
1/2 Cup red pepper, diced
1/2 Cup yellow pepper, diced
1/2 Cup green pepper, diced
1 Small red onion, diced
1 Jar pesto sauce 

Directions
Mix all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.  Gently stir and then chill for several hours (can also be served warm).  

*Optional - The pasta soaked up a lot of the sauce while it chilled, try adding a small amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil should this occur.
** Optional - An additional add in could be sun dried tomatoes.




You can follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitterStumbleUpon, Hometalk or Google +!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks so good!! My daughter is a big mushroom fan, so I am going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy - thanks for the recipe... Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pasta salad when we have BBQ parties. This one looks really good! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pasta salads Meredith! I will have to sub the mushrooms for sundried tomatoes though. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow does this look yummy! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I usually like to do up my own pesto to ensure that it's vegan and I'm all for the mushrooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really really good. I will be Pinning this to my board and trying it very soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I not think to use pesto in pasta salad?! Great tip! :) Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! My boys love pesto, so I bet they will like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look so delicious and displayed so elegantly. Light and fresh, perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers