Search this blog

Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Faith Journey #16 - Proverbs 31 Woman Verse 10

Welcome back to The Faith Journey. This Sunday series is about my faith walk, and the things the Lord is teaching me along the way. I am always so happy that you are here! I hope you will continue to join me on this journey and grow in your faith as well.






Last week we took a look at the first 9 verses of Proverbs 31.  If you missed that, you can catch up by reading it here.  Proverbs 31:10-31 describe not only the type of women we should aim to be, but also the type of woman that men should look for as a mate.  This is the type of woman I pray for my own sons to find, which convicts me even more to set an example by my life.  For today let's just focus on verse 10.

Proverbs 31:10
 - NIV
"A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies."

-ASV
"A worthy woman who can find? For her price is far above rubies."

-ESV
"An excellent wife who can find?
    She is far more precious than jewels"


-KJV
"Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies."

In looking at these four translations we get a better idea of what this woman should look like. This paints a picture of a strong and efficient person.  She sounds much like one of my favorite bible characters, Ruth, in Ruth 3:11.   

The verse continues by saying that this type of woman is going to be hard to find, but not impossible.  A precious stone can be found, however they are rare.  It tells the male that he needs to look carefully and really seek her out.  It also shows him that if he searches, he can find her.  This gives hope to both sexes.  I, as a woman, can look at these verses and realize it is not impossible for me to achieve.  

OK, now time for your homework.   HA HA yes, I am giving homework, but it is worth it, trust me!  This week take some time and read the book of Ruth.  Even if you have done it before, do it again.  It is only 4 chapters and will give some great insight into what a virtuous woman looks like.

Thanks for Hanging!


post signature











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers