Search this blog

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Faith Journey #7 - Laughter to Lighten Your Load

 
Welcome back to The Faith Journey. This Sunday series is about my faith walk, and the things the Lord is teaching me as I go. I hope you will join me on this journey and grow in your faith as well. 
 
 
3:00am, Saturday, I awoke screaming and in a cold sweat, the terrific horror of the dream nightmare replaying through my mind.  The nightmare was dark and oppressive in nature.  It involved someone I did not know, doing something unthinkable to my youngest child. 
After that, I had a horrible time falling back to sleep.  All day Saturday I was shaking and every time I looked at my baby, the images from the dream flashed through my mind leaving me sick to my stomach.  Even though I knew it wasn't real, my body continued to feel the shock of it as though it was. 
 
As I headed to bed Saturday evening, I dreaded sleep.  I just knew that I would fall right back into the same dream again.  I prayed repeatedly that the Lord would ease my mind, protect me from any dark dreams, and allow my body to process that it had not been real and that my daughter was fine.  Finally around 2:00am He answered and allowed me to rest peacefully.
Have you ever experienced anything like this?  I have had nightmares before, but nothing like this.
 
Anyway, after all the stress my body had felt over this stinking nightmare, I really felt I needed to laugh.  Praise Jesus for the gift of laughter!  It truly has the power to heal!  One person who always can make me laugh is Tim Hawkins.  He is a Christian comedian, and just has this way of making me smile.  Below is a video I found today, that lifted my spirit and made me feel so much better.  It is only about a minute long so go ahead and watch it.  It will brighten your spirit.
 

 
 

Proverbs 17:22

"A joyful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
 
 
When you are facing adversity, pray through it, and then find something that makes you laugh. :D
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers