Search this blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Faith Journey #22 - Being a Proverbs 31 Woman Vs.16


Welcome to The Faith Journey.  I started this Sunday series almost a year ago as a way of sharing what the Lord is teaching me.  My prayer is that you will find it encouraging and that it will help to strengthen your own relationship with Christ.

"She considers a field and buys it;
From her earnings she plants a vineyard." - Proverbs 31:16 (New American Standard Bible)

Last week we talked about getting up early to prepare a meal for your family.  My challenge to you was to wake up 10 minutes earlier than you have been and spend that time in prayer or in the word.  How have you been doing with it?  I did OK, but admit I ended up shutting off my alarm on two days this week.  So, obviously I still need to continue my work on this challenge.  If this 10 minutes was no problem for you, than this week go for 20 minutes.  If like me the 10 minutes was a struggle, just keep going with that for another week.  Just remember these are baby steps towards our overall goal of being a Proverbs 31 woman.  We won't get there overnight.

This weeks verse refers again to how the Proverbs 31 woman is thoughtful and meaningful with her purchases.  She understands business and how it works.  She can look at the land and see not only how it will produce overnight, but also in the long run.  She puts her own time, energy, and money into this land to ensure that it will produce for her.  
In order for her to understand business, she studies her husband and understands his business.  She desires a full knowledge of what he does and all the inner workings of it.  She would take time to ask him about his day and listen carefully as he told her about it.  
For your challenge this week, take time to ask your spouse about the work they do.  In addition, be productive in your own work.  If you stay at home, be productive either by looking for work outside the home, or caring out your duties within your home.  
Also take yourself out and purchase a potted plant.  Something like a strawberry plant or lemon tree would be great.  You can also plant a small garden outside if you don't already do so.  This will remind you to be fruitful in all that you do.  Be sure to let me know how you are doing!

If you want to be sure that you never miss an addition of The Faith Journey, be sure to sign up for A TIPical Day in your email!  (It's in the upper right hand corner of the sidebar)

If you missed the rest of the Proverbs 31 series, you can check them out here.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these.. I'm really enjoying them. ~Have a blessed week, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy! That is so sweet! In truth, they are as much a blessing to me as they are to others. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers