Search this blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Eggless Banana Quinoa Pancakes


Back when I started The Virgin Diet, I thought I was saying goodbye to all of my favorite foods forever.  My two biggest problems are eggs and corn.  They are in practically everything and make it so difficult to find things I can eat without having to worry about how I will react to it.  As I began to research, I discovered that there are lots of great options for subbing out eggs in recipes.  

My new friend, Charlie at Pickled Okra recently shared a great post about eggless baking!  Be sure to hop over there and learn some of her tips and search through her wonderful recipes on this subject.  

OK and so now for a few tricks of my own...

I am going to admit here that I have never really used measurements for this one, so I am ball parking it.  If it doesn't turn out quite right, don't give up on them.  They are awesome!  Just tweak to your own liking and give it another shot!  :)

Eggless Banana Quinoa Pancakes


Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
3/4 cup of quinoa flakes
1/4 cup gluten free oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 cup almond milk (coconut milk is also fine here)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
optional - 1/4 dried cranberries, chopped walnuts or both
optional - 100% pure maple syrup

Instructions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, mash banana well.
  2. In a separate dish allow the chia seeds to soak in the almond milk for about 2-3 minutes to soften.
  3. Add quinoa flakes, oats, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to your banana.  Pour in the chia seed/almond milk mixture.  Stir, mixing completely.  Batter should resemble pancake batter.  If too thick add a little more milk.
  4. Pour about 1/4 cup or less of the batter onto a pan over medium heat.  When edges start to look done flip.  
  5. Top with optional items and enjoy!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers