Search this blog

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Jesus is the Lamb...





Happy Resurrection Sunday!  I promised you a special post today, so this is our follow up from Friday.  Here is one more video by The Skit Guys.  I am including the link here because the video didn't show up in email feeds for some reason.  This video portrays a conversation between Jesus and Peter AFTER Jesus' resurrection.  It defines grace...  Jesus is the lamb that was slain for us.  His blood washes us clean.  It is a gift that we must choose to except, and He gives it freely.   

Ephesians 2:8-9 -  "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast."

Mark 16:1-8  - "When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?"
But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.
"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' "


John 21:15 -19 -"When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you."
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.  Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”





How can I be praying for you this week?  

If you would like to know more about the saving grace of Jesus Christ, please email me.  I would love to talk to you more about the greatest gift ever given.

post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

5 comments:

  1. YES! He has risen. Hope you had a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy! Thanks for visiting! We had a great Easter Sunday. I hope you did as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter! Thank you for this beautiful post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lara! Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers