Search this blog

Friday, April 18, 2014

What's So Good About Good Friday?


Today is Good Friday also sometimes referred to as Black Friday, Easter Friday or Holy Friday.  It is the day we remember the crucifixion of Christ.  Below is a video made by The Skit Guys.  It depicts 6 different individuals close to Jesus, as they give an account of the final hours of His life.  This video is simply setting the stage for what was yet to come, my friends!  Had the story ended here, Jesus would have just been a great man; but it is not the end...

1 Peter 2:24 - "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed."

John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

Romans 5:6-10 "For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life."


Please join me Sunday when I share the rest of this 
amazing love story!


~Guest Posting Opportunity~

 Would you like to share a post here at A TIPical Day?  I am looking for some guest bloggers for the summer months.  Any size blog will be considered.  Your post can be on any subject having to do with family life, homemaking, homeschooling, crafts, cooking, Scouting...you get the point.  It needs to also be new content that has not been previously shared anywhere.  If you would be interested please contact me here.

Happy Easter Weekend!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Meredith, I just wanted you to know something wonderful that happened to me this morning. my sweet husband passed away exactly one week ago, and as you can imagine, I have been heartbroken. I was kind of idly surfing the internet this morning and decided to check into my Google+ account. I saw that you had followed me, and I went to your Google+ profile to follow you right back. There I found your beautiful Bible verse,

    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

    You better believe I need hope for my future right now, and this was the absolute perfect thing for me to read. Today. Thank you with all my heart. I am a Christian, and I am getting lots of help from God right now, but I wanted you to know that He gave me help and hope through you today. ♥

    I wish you and your family a beautiful Easter. ♥

    Love, Joy @ Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy,

      First let me say I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweetheart. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. Thank you so much for sharing your story with me. It always amazes me the way the Lord moves people in and out of each others lives at just the right moment! My family was driving to an Easter event at our church this morning when I got your message. As I read it aloud to my husband, I couldn't hold back the tears. My husband and I were both so moved and have committed ourselves to pray for you.

      Here is another verse the Lord laid upon my heart to share with you. I hope it provides even more comfort for you today.

      Isaiah 41:10 "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

      Prayers for you my new friend,

      Meredith

      Delete
  2. A very Good Friday that without, you would have no Sunday story to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I actually shared a picture on my Facebook page on Friday that said something almost like that! :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers