Search this blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

Perry's Post - Mother Day Card


A few weeks ago Perry, my 11 year old son, came and asked if he could do a guest post on my blog.  I laughed at first...until I realized he was serious.  He already had an idea ready to go.  He came up with the idea, made the craft, and wrote the post himself.  In addition he took all the pictures and edited them himself.  I couldn't be prouder of him right now!  He sure made this mom's day for sure!
Please be sure to leave him lots of comments to let him know how he did!  :) 

P.S.  I still have a few opening for Guest Posts for this summer!  All submissions are due by June 1st.  You can email me for more details.
Collage picture of a boy thinking and a baby chick card



How to Make Your Mom's Day; art supplies sitting on a table; a little chick jumping around


So Mother's Day is coming huh? Well do I have the craft for you.
This is what you need
2 crayons
Scissors   
  A glue stick
A marker 
        2 Pieces of paper

A piece of white paper with a yellow circle and 2 black eyes


 Draw an oval , eyes , and a triangle.

Childs drawing of a baby chick

 Color it in.



 Now draw a half circle.

collage of a baby chick child's craft project


 Cut them out and glue it.

Picture of a bird telling a social media joke about twitter.


 Fold the paper in half.

picture of a card made by a child with a baby chick hatching from an egg

 Glue your chick on.

inside of a mothers day card with the wording "Happy Mother's Day from your little chicks" picture of a chicken and some chicks and an egg
Ta-Dah it's done!

Happy Mother's Day!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Perry left a "Thank You" for all of the comments, but it was down farther marked as anonymous. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh .. so adorable! Way to go Perry. What a terrific mother's day gift!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did a great job didn't he? He says thank you for your comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness Perry! A mother would be so happy to get such a pretty card for Mother's Day! Thank you for sharing to make it too. Your first blog post is terrific :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perry says thank you! He has been grinning ear to ear from all the sweet comments he got on this! :)

      Delete
  4. So cute! Good job, Perry! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He enjoyed it for sure Amanda! Thanks for leaving him a note. He says thank you.

      Delete
  5. Great job Perry! I love it! This is going to be my all time favorite guest post blog! Hope to see more of your work in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to see more of his work as well! ;) He says thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  6. Thank you , all of you.

    Perry the Platypus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perry, that is an awesome card! My son, 8, loves chickens. We have 50 chickens, so I would love to get this card! Your photos are adorable too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perry really liked your comment, Cari! He was really intrigued by the 50 chickens! LOL I see a request for some in my future!

      Delete
  8. Great post! I would love getting a card like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute!?! I was so tickled by it! Perry is so creative.

      Delete
  9. I had a great big smile reading Perry's post! Great job, Perry! p.s. I love the bird joke!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL He is saying thank you. He loves that twitter joke too!

      Delete
  10. That is fantastic! My kids like the social media joke : ) -bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He thought that was hilarious too! :D Thanks for commenting! It made his day!

      Delete
  11. How sweet! It's great that your son gets involved with your likes as much as you are involved with his!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! This was a huge surprise for me. He isn't much of a reader...or a writer for that matter, so the fact that he wanted to do this blew me away! It was fun watching his creative process! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers