Search this blog

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Faith Journey # 13 - Finding God in Creation

Welcome back to The Faith Journey. This Sunday series is about my faith walk, and the things the Lord is teaching me along the way. I am always so happy that you are here! I hope you will continue to join me on this journey and grow in your faith as well.
 
 
It has been awhile since I posted a Faith Journey.  My family just returned home from a two week trip to the mountains.  My husband's family owns a cabin on a lake.  We always enjoy visiting it each summer.  The only problem (ok, not really a problem) is that I don't get cell or internet service up there.  All that time with creation and no interruptions equals reflection and meditation on God's word and wonders.
 
How blessed I am to have a place like this to visit, however you don't have to go to the mountains to enjoy all the spectacular things the Lord has created.  Nor do you have to be secluded from the world to be able to focus on His word.  All one need do is walk outside and take a quick look around.  Even in the heart of the city you can spot a tree, bird or flower.  Maybe you will catch a glimpse of the bright blue sky or the thunder clouds rolling overhead.   All these things point to a great and powerful creator.
 
It is so easy to take these things for granted, not truly appreciating the gift that they are for us.  I am learning day by day to look around me and find the gifts the Lord has bestowed upon me and my family.  Amazing when you start to look for them, how you can find them in the most unexpected places. 
 
"The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
   It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
    like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
    and makes its circuit to the other;
    nothing is deprived of its warmth." - Psalms 19:1-6
 
 
 
 photo RSS-icon_zps89b62fa2.png  photo Pinterest-icon_zpsbec96c35.png  photo Facebook-icon_zps54787f04.png  photo Twitter-icon_zps6087bd91.png
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers