Search this blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Meredith's Top Ten List for February

I thought it might be fun to do a top ten list each month featuring some of my favorite things.  This month my list is my Top Ten in Children's Literature (Chapter Books).  These are books I enjoyed reading when I was young and have reread and enjoyed with my own children.  So without farther ado... Meredith's top ten in no particular order (cause that's just the way I roll...)

1) Anne of Green Gables by L. M Montgomery  (This is also one of my all time favorite movies!  I love all things Anne.)










  2) Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls (I think I have read this book about 6 times, never without crying!)









3) Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty MacDonald  (Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle inspires me to be a better person.  I want to be just like her when I grow up.)









4) Little House Collection by Laura Ingalls Wilder (I realize that I cheated and added a few series in here, but it is just so hard to come up with just 10 books!)








5) The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner (Again this whole series is great, but my favorite is the first book.)









6) Twenty and Ten by Claire Huchet Bishop  ( I actually did not read this book until I was an adult, but think it lands on my top 10 list of ALL books.  Love this one!)









7) Charlotte's Web by E. B. White  (What child doesn't love a talking spider that can spell!)





8) Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater (Every time I read this one it just sets me off giggling.  Such a fun book.)








9) Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll  (When reading this book, I often wonder what it must have been like to be inside Lewis Carroll's Head.  Such a strange and wonderful story!)


10) The Complete Ramona Collection by Beverly Cleary (Ramona reminds me so much of my little sister.  Oh!  I guess that makes me Beezus!)








Well, there you have it!  My top ten (maybe a few extras) in children's literature!  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I know and love most of these...will check out Twenty and Ten.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers