Search this blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Coffee Creamer - Not Just for Coffee

 
 
I was always a tea drinker until two years ago while pregnant with my first daughter.  Then, all the sudden, tea turned my stomach and I craved coffee.  The funny part was I couldn't stand the taste of it.  I soon discovered flavored coffee creamers.  I stock piled my fridge with them, filling it with a variety of flavors.
As my love affair with coffee creamer grew, I realized I could use it in more than just my coffee.  Here are 5 of my favorite ways to use it!  I generally use French Vanilla for these, but you can play with flavors.  There are many that will work well.
 
  1. Substitute some creamer for milk in your favorite smoothie or milk shake.  I love to mix it with some frozen fruit, milk, and Greek yogurt.  The creamer adds a little sweetness and flavor making your smoothie super yummy!
  2.  
  3. Pour some over a dish of berries to make a nice sweet treat.
  4.  
  5. Use it in place of milk to make french toast.
  6.  
  7. Pour it into your old fashioned oatmeal for a creamy flavor filled breakfast.  I love to do this and mix in some fresh berries or peaches. 
  8.  
  9. Mix it into pancake or waffle batter. It pairs very nicely with blueberry pancakes. 
 
What else would you add it to?

post signature
 

2 comments:

  1. My favorite creamer is coconut creme by coffeemate. I've put it over ice cream before but never used it in cooking. I'll definitely have to try it in french toast! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,
      Thanks for visiting! I think coconut creme would be awesome in french toast! I hadn't thought of pouring it over ice cream. I will have to give that a try. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I love hearing from you! Please leave me a little note to say hi! :)

AddThis

AddThis Smart Layers